To upload your own work onto the Writers' Forum:
1) Click on the Writers' Forum on your course page. Then click on add a new discussion topic.
2) You will go into a page that has some boxes on it. One is titled, Your new discussion topic. Write the title in the narrow strip to the right of where it says Subject*, then write the body of your message in the box below. (Make sure you write something in each section).
3) To upload a file from your computer to the Writers’ Forum, SCROLL DOWN the page. You will see another box next to Attachment? Click on the word Add... This will take you through to the File Picker page.
4) In the File Picker page, click on Upload a File, in the left hand column, and then click on Chose File in the main box.
5) This will take you through to the document files on your own computer. Find the file you want to upload, click on it and then click on Open/Accept.
6) This will take you back to the File Picker page. You will now see the name of your file next to the Choose File button.
7) Click on the Upload this File button at the bottom of the text in the box. This will take you back to the Add a Discussion Topic page and you will see your file in the box.
8) Finally, click on the Post to Forum button at the bottom of the Add a Discussion Topic page.
9) This will take you to a page that tells you your post has been successfully added.
10) Click on Continue. This will take you back to the Writers’ Forum.
I have also attached notes on how to edit your personal profile and on file compatibility.